Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Milk and Cookies Month: Beesler's Big Bad Batch of Buttery Baked Goods!


Can you believe this is going to be my last Tuesday post ever of 2012? Yeah, there are only two Tuesdays to traverse through, totally titillating in a timely yet trying task of tinsel, tiny elves, and toys. (And if you think that alliteration is impressive, you should see what I come up with at work!)

There are still a couple of posts left to go in the Milk and Cookies Month, however, as we wrap up the year in a sweet package of Yule. Today’s serving of cookies will be butter cookies. Don’t worry. This batch of buttery baked goods is not bitter or bad. It’s a bunch of beneficial joy, my effort to share some gratitude for all of the wondrous things that have happened to me over the past year. Releasing my two books, Spell of Entrapment and Speed Demons, has been a feat in and of itself. I got plenty more stories to get to you in the coming years, so don’t worry!

A year ago today, I was still working out a revision on Spell of Entrapment, with the goal in mind of sending off a batch of query letters. Self-publication had not yet tempted me to the point where I’d release a novel into the digital realm. Still, if I had not taken that step, I might be still looking at trying to submit Spell to publishers and agents. I’m glad I got up the courage to go self-publishing, as I've sold 70 books this year. A modest start, but I’ll have plenty more to sell when other titles become available.

Another thing that happened this year is the way my blog changed. As you know, I’m in the process of changing the format. I’m still going to be working out the kinks these next two weeks in between festivities and other obligations, but I’ve already lined up one author for an interview next month and will open the door for other interviews by January 1st. 2013 is indeed shaping up to be a continuation of the awesomeness that I’ve been working on these past few years.

I have two more posts left in the year, one this week and one next week. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my writing journey. I’d still be writing no matter what, but your support means the world to me. After all, allies avoid allowing an astonishing amount of alliteration to access an author’s attitude!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amazing how the journey changes, isn't it? Congratulations on the books sold!
My last post will be Wednesday, then not again until January's IWSG post.

E.J. Wesley said...

Congrats on a banner year JB, and may 2013 bring you even more success. "We make our own luck" should be the battle cry for next year, and we should try everything in our power to make it so.

Merry Christmas! Hope the rest of the Season is great for you and your family.

jual busana muslim murah said...

I like your story, ok, i’ll bookmark this site and return here in next few days.

Powdered Toast Man said...

I came for some free butter cookies. Am I too late? This always happens to me.